Tag-Property

The place for threads about TimoSoft ExplorerListView.
alphi
Lieutenant

Tag-Property

Post by alphi »

Hi Timo,

one more little wish
the ListViewItems dont have a Key(String)?, so I looked
for something else and missed the Tag-Property for Items
and Columns :( .
Would this possibile?

And a question at the moment this wonderfull Control is in Beta-State,
do you have an Idea about the Date for the first NonBeta-Release?
:roll:
regards
alphi
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tag-Property

Post by TiKu »

alphi wrote:the ListViewItems dont have a Key(String)?, so I looked
for something else and missed the Tag-Property for Items
and Columns :( .
There's an ItemData property and a ColumnData property. They take integer values only, but if you really need to store data of other types, you could store this in a local data structure and use the ColumnData/ItemData property to store the ID.
As a replacement for the item key there's the item ID. In my apps I have some variables called LVWITEMID_*, which I use to store the item IDs after I inserted the items. Then I can use those variables to access the items.
alphi wrote:Would this possibile?
A Tag property would have to be of type Variant. I couldn't use SysListView32's built-in features to store the data. Instead I would have to create and maintain a map which associates item indices with their Tag property data. This would be possible, but would slow down the control and increase the memory requirements.
As long as this feature isn't requested by some more persons, I won't implement it, because IMHO the disadvantages are bigger than the advantages.
alphi wrote:And a question at the moment this wonderfull Control is in Beta-State,
do you have an Idea about the Date for the first NonBeta-Release?
:roll:
You're right, it has been in beta stage for ages now. I plan to release a new beta this fall. After this beta, I'll implement the new Vista stuff.
The actual blocker for a non-beta release is the compatibility to the ShellBrowser component I'm working on. As long as I'm not sure, that I don't have to change the COM interface of ExplorerListView and ExplorerTreeView anymore to make it work with the ShellBrowser control, I won't release a non-beta version.
I hope we'll see non-beta releases by the end of this year, but don't bet on it.;)
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
alphi
Lieutenant

Tag-Property

Post by alphi »

Ok I think I understand your reasons for not implementing it.
I'll try to solve my problems in another way. :)

This would be a little for the columns,
a bit more thinking for the ListItems in Virtual Mode... :(

And I will waiting for the NonBeta Release :mrgreen:

regards
alphi