Transparent Frame

The place for threads about TimoSoft ButtonControls.
itmg
Lieutenant

Transparent Frame

Post by itmg »

Hi,
is it possible to make the Frame control transparent?
The Frame will automatically be transparent, when it's placed on your TabStrip control.

ButtonControls 1.4 Unicode
EditControls 1.4 Unicode
DateTimeControls 1.1 Unicode
Statusbar 1.2 Unicode
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transparent Frame

Post by TiKu »

Real transparency is currently not possible. It works on the TabStrip (and other themed windows), because the Frame control calls DrawThemeParentBackground in its WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message handling routine. I tried to implement real transparency for the Label control, which I never published due to serious drawing glitches which are caused by the transparency. So to be honest, I do not know how to implement real transparency.
However, you should have a look at the "Transparent Background" samples that come with my Animation and TrackBar controls. They demonstrate how to use subclassing to customize handling of the WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message in a way so that the control appears to be transparent (it is not really transparent though). I'm not sure this will also work with the Frame control, but it's worth a try.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!