Unicode Combobox?(thanks for your bests work!)

The place for threads about TimoSoft EditControls.
LGdesigner
Cadet

Unicode Combobox?(thanks for your bests work!)

Post by LGdesigner »

Hello Tiku

I appreciate your work !! really it is great to use the unicode textboxes escpecially a nightmare in standart vb6.

I have one question to you , do you have also a unicode combobox control project ? maybe I missed this . or your updown textbox control can be used instead of a combobox somehow? I will be glad if you can share your experiences (or if you know any good one in another source can you advice me please) .

I couldn't understand why your site is not on top rank in unicode queries , I have been searching information,classes,samples and third party programmes about unicode since 1 week and finally I faced with your site ,I faced with very very garbage information !! really it is pity how sometimes google acts unfair !!

Please keep on your best work , your textbox control is far away front of microsoft form 2.0 text box control !!

Vielen Dank
Umut
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

I would love to finally write Unicode ComboBox and ListBox controls, but I don't have the time to do it. Unfortunatly this situation won't change for at least the next 4 months, sorry.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
LGdesigner
Cadet

Post by LGdesigner »

Tiku , In anyway it was great and helpful :cheers:

I will be appreciated when you can able to finish your project can you inform us by email so we may immediately come back and check the latest update (I believe other members will be also very interested in this update)

Thanks again
Umut
LGdesigner
Cadet

DataSource Property

Post by LGdesigner »

Tiku

I started to change the text boxes in my project with the edit controls.

One problem I faced with the datasource property . With the standart and form 2.0 text box control I haven't taken any error

But with the edit control text box below synthax gave an error .

Set Text1.DataSource = rst

PS:rst is a New ADODB.Recordset defined Global

Do you have any idea or advice ?

Regards
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

The code fails because there is no DataSource property. I could change this, but don't know how to properly implement data binding support. Unfortunatly there's not much information about writing ActiveX controls in C/C++. In this case an additional problem is, that I've absolutely no experience with data binding. I never wrote a database application in VB6 (I guess this makes me unique :buck:).
So I have to disappoint you again: My controls don't support data binding. I'll try to find out how I have to implement this, but it will take time.
As I wrote, I have no clue about data binding. Maybe you could send me a small sample project which makes use of data binding?

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Thank you for the sample project you've sent me.
It turned out that there was not much left to get data-binding working. Build 100 should help you.

Please report any bugs you encounter. I've reorganized parts of the code, so chances are good that I've broken something.
LGdesigner
Cadet

Post by LGdesigner »

Hello TikU

I have tested it , it works fineeeeeeeee !! Is this a official release of edit controls or under development ?. Can I use it safelly?

The day when you will release the unicode combobox will be my one of the best days in my life :))

I will wait your good news about adding new control unit .

Have a great day and please keep your good work !! Really it is impresive

Regards
Umut
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

LGdesigner wrote:Is this a official release of edit controls or under development ?. Can I use it safelly?
It's more like a release candidate (RC). Chances are good, that I'll declare this version the official 1.2.1 release in ~3 weeks.
Compared to 1.2.0 I've changed quite a bit of the code, so I wouldn't be surprised if I've broken anything accidently. Therefore you should do thorough tests.
LGdesigner wrote:Have a great day and please keep your good work !! Really it is impresive
Thank you. I also wish you a nice day.

TiKu
MrSmoofy
Cadet

Re: Unicode Combobox?(thanks for your bests work!)

Post by MrSmoofy »

It's been almost 3 years since you metioned it might be atleast 4 months before you make a combo and list box control that supported unicode?

Any idea if this will ever happen?
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unicode Combobox?(thanks for your bests work!)

Post by TiKu »

The control has been released more than 2 years ago. Have a look at the ComboListBoxControls in the download section. ;)