'TextBox' is outdated.

The place for threads about TimoSoft EditControls.
Natorion
Lieutenant

'TextBox' is outdated.

Post by Natorion »

Hi,

During development with your controls I encountered several "Control 'TextBox' of 'EditCtlsU.ocx' is outdated" errors.

I suspect that some DLLs which are needed (e.g. mscomctl.ocx) are old on my machine. What are the dependencies (with version if possible) for the Statbar, TreeView, ListView and EditBox?

Thansk in advance,
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 'TextBox' is outdated.

Post by TiKu »

I've attached a screenshot of Dependency Walker that shows the files that EditCtlsU.ocx depends on. As you can see, it depends on nothing more but system core dlls. No VB6 files (the controls are written in C++) and no MFC stuff. It's the same for all my controls, except ExplorerTreeView 1.x and FlatButton (these are written in VB6).

The message you get isn't an error. It's just an information that you now are using a newer version of the control than the last time and that VB6 updates your project to use this newer version. Problems might occur, if you later downgrade the control again, but even this scenario will work most times.
Attachments
dependencies.png
Dependencies of EditCtlsU.ocx
(18.62 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!