Repaint with tooltips fails

The place for threads about version 2.x of TimoSoft ExplorerTreeView.
c.haarmeijer
Cadet

Repaint with tooltips fails

Post by c.haarmeijer »

Hi,

I've enabled tooltips in the treecontrol, but repainting fails then. It often shows the gray background where the treecontrol should be. I've attached a screenshot (look at the gray rectangle) and the settings I used. Treecontrol version is: 2.0.0.187 Beta4 (ANSI). I am running Windows XPSP2 (themed).

We are evaluating your tree control to find out if it is suitable for use in our Lumo Builder software product that will be launched early next year.

Kind regards,

Chris Haarmeijer
Attachments
bugreport_attachement.zip
(29.65 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

please try the attached build 196. I've done relative large changes since Beta 4 and some of those changes affect drawing, so maybe the problem is already gone.

TiKu
Attachments
ExTVwA200196.zip
ExplorerTreeView 2.0.0 Beta 4+ (Build 196)
(240.66 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!

Post by Guest »

Dear Tiku,

Thank you for the quick response. I've tried your new build but I has no success. The problem is still there.

Kind regards,

Chris
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

I'm investigating this problem, but so far I was not able to reproduce it. Would it be possible to create a small sample project demonstrating the bug? It would be very helpful.

/edit: You may also try setting the Composited property to False as this property is somewhat problematic and shouldn't be used if not necessary. I've changed the control's behavior to default to Composited = False for that reason.

TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

If it's still of interest: I think I've fixed the problem (although I never was able to reproduce it). Please try the attached build.
Attachments
ExTVwA200200.zip
ExplorerTreeView 2.0.0 Beta 4+ (Build 200)
(241.35 KiB) Downloaded 604 times

Post by Guest »

Hi Timo,

The problem seems to be gone for now. Sorry for the late response, I got no confirmation e-mail from PHPbb that there was a reply (or it went straight into my junkmail). Thanks for the help!

Chris