Combobox

The place for threads about TimoSoft ComboListBoxControls
sol
Cadet

Combobox

Post by sol »

Hi,
I'm quote new to TimoSoft Controls and i cannot get the Click event working on the combobox.
It works fine in the Event sampla Project but not in my test Project.
Do I need to do something more than just adding the Control and Place code on the Click event?

/Sol
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Combobox

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

Most of the events are disabled by default. Have a look at the control's property pages (in the form designer -> control properties) and activate the Click event by removing the check from the "Click events" entry.

Disabling unused events increases performance.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
pgrimmer
Cadet

Post by pgrimmer »

I don't have a tool called the "form designer." In the standard VB6 IDE I can see properties for the ComboBox but I don't find anything related to "click events." aTiKu, are you using some other tool to get at more features of the ActiveX controls at design time than what comes native to VB6?

Also, I haven't figured out a way to pre-load items into the ComboBox at design time. Is there a way to do that or do we have to load items at run-time?

Paul1
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

pgrimmer wrote:I don't have a tool called the "form designer." In the standard VB6 IDE I can see properties for the ComboBox but I don't find anything related to "click events."
See this screenshot:
FormDesigner.png
(153.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
pgrimmer wrote:Also, I haven't figured out a way to pre-load items into the ComboBox at design time. Is there a way to do that or do we have to load items at run-time?
Items must be added at run-time.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
pgrimmer
Cadet

Post by pgrimmer »

Thanks. I thought I had tried right-click then Properties and it had taken me to the standard VB6 Properties box but now I see that it doesn't. That's helpful.