StateImage and Spacebar

The place for threads about version 2.x of TimoSoft ExplorerTreeView.
Mex
Captain

StateImage and Spacebar

Post by Mex »

Hi

I think I found a bug or maybe it's a feature :)

1) Add some nodes with stateimage set to 0
2) select node and press spacebar - state image is set to 1 and now i can check/uncheck it

Regards;
Meelis
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: StateImage and Spacebar

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

I currently don't have access to the source code, but if I remember the implementation correctly, the native tree view control doesn't have explicit support for state image 0. And it assumes that the state image always is a check box. So I would call it "missing functionality".
You can use the ItemStateImageChanging event to suppress changing the state image from 0 to 1. The OptionTreeView sample should demonstrate how to do it.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
Mex
Captain

Re: StateImage and Spacebar

Post by Mex »

TiKu wrote:Hi,

I currently don't have access to the source code, but if I remember the implementation correctly, the native tree view control doesn't have explicit support for state image 0. And it assumes that the state image always is a check box. So I would call it "missing functionality".
You can use the ItemStateImageChanging event to suppress changing the state image from 0 to 1. The OptionTreeView sample should demonstrate how to do it.

Regards
TiKu
Thnx and thats exactly what I'm using for a workaround :)

Meelis