"Object Library Not Registered" adding component to VB6

The place for threads about TimoSoft ComboListBoxControls
arayaa
Cadet

"Object Library Not Registered" adding component to VB6

Post by arayaa »

I'm having trouble upgrading from v1.1 to version 1.2.4.

When I select the control in the Components dialog in the VB6 and press OK or Apply, I get an "Object library not registered" error.

I tried to go back to the last version that was working and that error still appears. So now I am unable to use either version of the control!

I'm running on VB6 SP6 + Windows 7 x64
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Object Library Not Registered" adding component to VB6

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

I'll setup a virtual machine with Windows 7 and VB6 and version 1.1 and will do an upgrade to the latest version. But this will take a while.

How did you do the upgrade? Did you uninstall the previous version and install the new version? Or did you leave the old version installed and installed the new version over it?

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
MaKapuf
Cadet

Post by MaKapuf »

hello,

did you try to test that?
Right click the "VB6.exe" program file, and select properties from the context menu, click on the Compatibility tab and enable checkboxes:

- Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (SP3)
- Disable Visual Themes
- Disable Desktop Composition
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- Run this program in administrator mode
BR
MaKapuf
arayaa
Cadet

Post by arayaa »

I did not initially uninstall the old version, I simply installed the new version. When this did not work I ended up uninstall/reinstalling both versions at different times trying to get either one to work.

I did try the suggestions you list and they did not correct the problem.

I appreciate your help with this.

I am successfully using both the explorer listview and the edit controls. i was able to upgrade the explorer listview with no problems.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

I can reproduce the problem with version 1.1. In other words, the problem is not related to the update.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

I've spent the day trying old revisions in order to find the code change that broke the control. So far I can tell that it has to do with the data-binding capabilities of the ComboBox.Text and ImageComboBox.Text properties.

/Edit: I've found out that all controls that have a property which is marked as default data binding property suffer from this problem. ExplorerListView is one of the few controls that don't have such a property. I'm still investigating the consequences that it would have to remove the defaultbind attribute from the COM interface definition.
One thing I do not understand is why this does not affect all systems. For instance my development machine is not affected.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Version 1.2.5 has been released. It fixes this problem. Unfortunately I had to disable data-binding features.