Filter Results

The place for threads about version 1.x of TimoSoft ExplorerTreeView.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Filter Results

Post by TiKu »

You're welcome. :)
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
aka
Lieutenant

Post by aka »

Hi TiKu,

due to time problems, I could not work on the "Next_Filter_Result" topic for some days. Today I discovered, that the search stops, if it reaches the "RECYCLER" of a logical drive.

I fixed this bug by inserting the red code lines into the Function "FindNextMatchInSubTree":

With ETV
' make sure the sub-items have been loaded
' Modification by aka: Skip "RECYCLER" Because the Search
' Comes to a Standstill if this is hBaseItem
If .ItemHandleToDisplayName(hBaseItem) = "RECYCLER" Then
hBaseItem = .ItemGetNextItem(hBaseItem)
End If

.ItemLoadSubItems hBaseItem
hNext = .ItemGetFirstSubItem(hBaseItem)
End With

I feel myself that this is what we call in German a "Holzhammer-Methode", but I had no other idea and it is working!
I thought to owe you this information after you helped me so much. If I thought wrong, I beg your pardon for the disturbance.

Best regards
aka
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Do you have an idea why it stops there? Missing access rights or something like this?

Maybe I'll have a look at it later. Your "fix" shouldn't be put into production code, because it's really awful. ;)
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
aka
Lieutenant

Post by aka »

Hi TiKu,

thanks for your unexpected but very appreciated reply. I know that the fix is awful -thanks for the compliment ::))- but even more worse is the following:

In the meantime I found out, that the function "FindNextMatchInSubTree" hooks up in an endless loop in arbitrary folders.
For example in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\aka\Startmenü\Installationen\Wise\Wise Disk Cleaner" or in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\aka\Lokale Einstellungen\Verlauf-Heute". As fare as I know these are "special folders". But this hook up happens in "normal" folders too. An example for this is:
"F:\Pictures\ClipArt\Miscellaneous\Animals\Squirrels"
but sometimes the code loops through "Squirrels" and hooks up in
"F:\Pictures\ClipArt\Miscellaneous\Animals\Turtles" which is the last subfolder of "...\Animals".

"F:\Pictures\ClipArt\Miscellaneous\" has a lot more subfolders with a different level depth of subfolders. The next endless loop occurs in "F:\Pictures\ClipArt\Miscellaneous\Buildings\Skylines"
or in "F:\Pictures\ClipArt\Miscellaneous\Buildings\Skyscrapers"

I could enumerate a lot more samples like above. For these tests I used the demo project recently send to you with the file filters "*.exe|*.txt" and no folder filters.

The folders, in which the code hooks up, have 2 things in common:
1. They don't contain filter results, except those startmenu entries, which are links to an exe.
2. They are the last or second last subfolder of their parent folders (or of the corresponding level), independent of the absolute level.

That is all I could find out. I have an administrator account, so missing access rights will not be the reason,beside the fact not only special folders are concerned.

You can imagine that your help is more than welcome, but I don't have the right nor the wish to pressurize you. I ask you to understand the unrequested attachment in this sense.

Have a nice weekend!
aka
Attachments
Demo_for_TimoSoft.zip
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
aka
Lieutenant

Post by aka »

Hi TiKu,

I am still "fighting" with the filter result problem - without any success. PLEASE: Can you help me along with this? Or tell me what I have to do, to get your help? I myself will not be able to find a solution and without the possibility to navigate within the filter results, my app is completly useless.

Best regards
aka
:?:
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

I did not forget you. It's just that I'll graduate from university tomorrow and did not have time to look at the code yet. The next days will be busy, too, but I hope I'll find some time until sunday.

TiKu
aka
Lieutenant

Post by aka »

Good luck for tomorrow and thanks a lot for your fast reply and the announced help!

aka
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

In Find_Next_Match_In_Sub_Tree, remove this code that is executed right before the Do While loop:

Code: Select all

If Next_Item = -1 Then
         ' the item does not have any sub-items, so try the next sibling item
         Next_Item = .ItemGetNextItem(Base_Item)
      End If
aka
Lieutenant

Post by aka »

Hello TiKu,

this was a great step forward. There are no more hook-ups in "Function Find_Next_Match_In_Sub_Tree"! But now the code skips filter results, which are located on the same level as the first founded result of the corresponding level.
Hoping you are willing to continue working on the problem (my trials to solve it failed all) I attached a screenshot, which illustrates the problem better than a longwinding explanation: after the code found the first blue colored result ("cfgmgr.exe"), it skips the red colored ones and jumps to the second blue marked ("oss_reinstall.exe"). This always happens if a filter result has siblings.

If you graduated successfully: Congratulations and all the best for your professional future!

Thanks in advance for your reply (whatever you are saying) and
best regards
aka
Attachments
SkippedFilterResults.jpg
(42.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet