ToolTip and ListBox

The place for programming-related topics.
virzak

ToolTip and ListBox

Post by virzak »

Hey friend,

Do you have some code about tooltip and listbox?
Thanks

Victor
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Hi!

Some months ago I've written a listbox class that displays a tooltip for truncated items in VB.net. The VB6 version of the tooltip class used by it is available for download now. The VB.net version is a bit out of date. I'll upload it together with the listbox class as soon as I've updated it.

/edit: Damn, I just noticed that I no longer have the code. I've probably deleted it by accident. However, I remember how to do this, so I'll prepare a small VB6 sample.

TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Here's a VB6 sample that demonstrates how to display a tooltip for listbox items that are too wide for the listbox and therefore get truncated.
Attachments
ListBoxToolTips.zip
(34.63 KiB) Downloaded 775 times
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
SAL21
Cadet

Hi TiKu...

Post by SAL21 »

TiKu wrote:Hi!

Some months ago I've written a listbox class that displays a tooltip for truncated items in VB.net. The VB6 version of the tooltip class used by it is available for download now. The VB.net version is a bit out of date. I'll upload it together with the listbox class as soon as I've updated it.

/edit: Damn, I just noticed that I no longer have the code. I've probably deleted it by accident. However, I remember how to do this, so I'll prepare a small VB6 sample.

TiKu
Hi friend, sorry for my english i'm italian.
Is possible to use your code to have the same effect on item in combobox in a userform of Excel project?
Tks from Napoli.
Last edited by SAL21 on 25 Feb 2008, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
SAL21
Cadet

Hi TiKu...

Post by SAL21 »

TiKu wrote:Hi!

TiKu
Hi friend, sorry for my english i'm italian.
Is possible to use your code to have the same effect on item in combobox in a userform of Excel project?
Tks from Napoli.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

not out of the box. I got it some kind of working in VB.net long time ago. The tooltip was displayed at the bottom of the combo's drop-down list. It seems to be impossible to display the tooltip on top of the drop-down list.
I don't have the time to port this code to VB6 or even VBA (I don't use MS Office). I've attached the VB.net version.
Attachments
ListBoxToolTip.zip
VB.net classes to provide tooltips for truncated listbox and combobox items.
(48.54 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
Last edited by TiKu on 27 Feb 2008, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
SAL21
Cadet

Post by SAL21 »

TiKu wrote:Hi,

not out of the box. I got it some kind of working in VB.net long time ago. The tooltip was displayed at the bottom of the combox's drop-down list. It seems to be impossible to display the tooltip on top of the drop-down list.
I don't have the time to port this code to VB6 or even VBA (I don't use MS Office). I've attached the VB.net version.
Tks, many tks.
Sal.