dumb question - controls appear flat in the IDE

The place for programming-related topics.
BobishKindaGuy
Cadet

dumb question - controls appear flat in the IDE

Post by BobishKindaGuy »

When I run the project executable (with the manifest in place of course) everything looks as it should. But in the IDE, all the timo controls are seen as the old ugly type. I assume this question has been answered in the forums somewhere, but I did search on "IDE" and didn't find any topics.

Is there a way to make it all show up in the IDE? That would make it much easier to size and place the controls appropriately.

By the way, I am absolutely thrilled to have this suite of controls, and the moment I get them into my app, I will be donating something. Just wondering if you think $35 Cdn would be rudely too small an amount? What are people donating?

Thanks very much
Bob
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: dumb question - controls appear flat in the IDE

Post by TiKu »

BobishKindaGuy wrote:When I run the project executable (with the manifest in place of course) everything looks as it should. But in the IDE, all the timo controls are seen as the old ugly type.
That's because the IDE is VB6.exe and there's no manifest for VB6.exe. Place a VB6.exe.manifest next to this file and you'll have themes in the IDE. But be warned, some things of the IDE don't work well with themes, e. g. the color chooser in the properties list.
BobishKindaGuy wrote:By the way, I am absolutely thrilled to have this suite of controls, and the moment I get them into my app, I will be donating something. Just wondering if you think $35 Cdn would be rudely too small an amount? What are people donating?
No donation is rude. Donate as much as you like. Most people donate nothing, some donate around 20 €, few donate several hundred Euros.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!