Still alive!

This forum contains the news and their comments from the old, phpBB2+ based version of the website.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Still alive!

Post by TiKu »

Almost two months have passed since my last proof of live. The reason is, that currently I've much to do in real life (although some people keep saying I don't have such thing :P) My studies aren't doing that well and need some more attention. Also my job was pretty stressful last month and I've started looking for a new flat. Last but not least I've put much time into a German hardware site, which I'm a moderator of.
So I have not been writing any code for about 4 weeks now. Fortunately this mandatory break's timing isn't that bad. Windows Vista is not yet available through MSDNAA and Microsoft's documentation of the API additions still is a very bad joke. :evil: So I wouldn't make much progress anyway.

In the end, I have some good news anyhow. ExplorerTreeView 2.0 is at ~97% Vista support, ExplorerListView is at ~20%.
The ShellBrowser component codenamed "Bielefeld" (sorry, this joke works for Germans only :mrgreen:) begins to assume shape. Currently it is able to communicate with ExplorerListView 1.0 and ExplorerTreeView 2.0 without bugs and with an acceptable performance. Inserting single shell items into these controls is working, too. And you can already define which of the inserted items' attributes shall be managed by the ShellBrowser component.
So chances aren't that bad, that the ShellBrowser component goes public before Duke Nukem Forever.;)

I think I'll find some time for coding around christmas.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!