Caption renamed to Text

The place for threads about TimoSoft ButtonControls.
godeny
Lieutenant

Caption renamed to Text

Post by godeny »

Hello TiKu,

why did you renamed the "Caption" property of the buttons (checkboxes, radio buttons) to "Text" ?

When adapting existing programs it causes more work (and additionally i access it from code - changing the language runs by a

For Each C in Form.Controls

cycle, using the Tag property as the key into the translation table and overwriting the Caption property).

It does not cause an unsolvable problem, i am only curious, why have you changed the name of a so essential property. :shock:

Zoltan
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

It makes sharing code between the controls a bit easier. Also I never understood why Microsoft used different names for the same thing. In .net they did it right and jettisoned "Caption" naming everything "Text".
To be honest, I didn't think very much about migrating a project from VB6 controls to my controls when I wrote them. Most of the controls were created for a large project that was written from scratch (and unfortunately discontinued later), so compatibility to the VB6 controls wasn't a design goal.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!