Some function not works

The place for threads about TimoSoft ExplorerListView.
zsolt68
Cadet

Some function not works

Post by zsolt68 »

Hi,

I bought an used laptop from a second-hand shop with win 10 pro and comctl32.dll version 5.82. Unfortunately, some function of the listview not works in this version. I wouldn't like to replace this dll in the system folder if it possible. Can i download an another, higher version dll to a non-system folder? Can I use it rather than one which is registered in the system? If I can do it, what have to do? How can i link an another dll to this control without the OS's or system's dll's replace?

BR,
Zsolt
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some function not works

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

Replacing system files or placing them in the application's folder is not the way to go.
I guess you want to use features of comctl32.dll 6. If this is the case you will need to equip your application with a manifest file. Have a look at the sample projects to see how to do this. You can also place such a manifest file next to VB6.exe. After a reboot, you should then be able to use features of comctl32.dll 6 from within the VB6 IDE.

Best regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!