Bugs?

The place for threads about TimoSoft ToolBarControls.
Mex
Captain

Bugs?

Post by Mex »

Hi Timo!

Found two more problems with ToolBarControls

MDI form with ReBar and ToolBar. Click on TB button opens vbModal form. First click on modal form is not registered!

MDI form with ReBar and ToolBar
When I want to use picturebox as custom toolbar or one more rebar/toolbar with different alignment, then application hangs.
PictureBox+ReBar with same alignment, then everything works OK

Regards
Meelis
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bugs?

Post by TiKu »

Hi,

Can you provide a sample project that I can use to reproduce the problems?

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
Mex
Captain

Post by Mex »

Hi

Project for testing.

Regards
Meelis
Attachments
tb test.zip
(880.71 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Thank you for the sample.

As for the vbModal form, it is always better to use the ExecuteCommand event instead of the Click event. ExecuteCommand does not suffer from such problems and also will fire if the user presses a hotkey that you registered for a tool bar button.

The alignment problem already seems to be fixed with the changes that I applied two weeks ago. At least I cannot reproduce it with your sample. Currently I'm very short of time, but I'll try to release a fixed version on saturday.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Version 1.2.2 has been released.
Mex
Captain

Post by Mex »

Hi!

Thank you, IDE is not crashing any more!

Noticed two things

1) If on MDI form are PictureBox (aligned top or bottom) and ReBar (aligned left/right), then ReBar is behind PB, is this normal or bug?
2) If i add ReBar to the form and change alignment in code to right, then ReBars width is very big. In previous version ReBar's width was set automatically, now i must set width to match toolbars width.

Regards
Meelis
Last edited by Mex on 18 Oct 2014, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

1) Alignment is done mostly by COM (i.e. Windows itself) and it doesn't cope well with multiple COM objects having the same alignment. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it.

2) Seems like my fix for the crash causes this behavior. I'll try to find a better solution.
Mex
Captain

Post by Mex »

TiKu wrote:1) Alignment is done mostly by COM (i.e. Windows itself) and it doesn't cope well with multiple COM objects having the same alignment. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it.
OK, but why toolbar in mscomtl does align below PB if PB alignment is top and toolbar alignment right?
Attachments
tb test.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 481 times
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

I think I've found a solution. Please try the attached version. Sorry that it did take so long, I've been very busy with my job.

Regards
TiKu
Attachments
tbarctls123227-rel.zip
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 489 times
Mex
Captain

Post by Mex »

TiKu wrote:I think I've found a solution. Please try the attached version. Sorry that it did take so long, I've been very busy with my job.

Regards
TiKu
Thank you!

Aligning works now as expected!

Regards
Meelis