design form when the form loads TabStrip ?

The place for threads about TimoSoft TabStrip.
dongtrien
Cadet

design form when the form loads TabStrip ?

Post by dongtrien »

The unicode activex control you can set the attachment of me ? I want to design the form when loaded looks like No. 3, No. 4 and No. 5 (see my attachment), there is not one example ? yuo see attachfile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106210615@N05/10587180363/
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: design form when the form loads TabStrip ?

Post by TiKu »

I'm not sure that I did understand you correctly. I think you are asking for two things:
  1. You want a close button on the far right of the control. I'm sorry, but my control can display a close button only on the active tab or on all tabs. I tried to make it display at the position that you marked on the screenshot, but it is not possible. The reason is that the native tab strip control will display the scroll buttons at this position and it does not seem to be possible to adjust the position of these buttons.
  2. You want to attach a VB6 Form to each tab. Attaching a PictureBox, a Frame or a UserControl is possible, but I never tried it with Forms. I'll try it and let you know, but you should consider using Frames or UserControls instead.
Please correct me if I understood anything wrong.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Re: design form when the form loads TabStrip ?

Post by TiKu »

I tried to bind a form to a tab. It kind of works, but you'll have to deal with keyboard focus problems.
To make it work, set the child Form's BorderStyle to 0. Use the SetParent API function to make it a child window of the TabStrip (SetParent frm.hWnd, TabStrip1.hWnd). Adjust the form's coordinates and attach its window handle to the hAssociatedWindow property of the tab.

Regards
TiKu
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!