Cannot find Label control

The place for discussions about this website.
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Re: Cannot find Label control

Post by TickTick »

If I was as good as you, I'd try it myself. There is no use in sending me the C++ code.
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

As an ugly work-around, you could place the label controls directly onto the form, not into the frames. I have not tried it, but this way it should work.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

I've asked in an ATL and an OLE/COM newsgroup what could be wrong, but did not get any answer. :( Writing ActiveX controls seems to be something that very few people still do in 2009.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Post by TickTick »

Dear Timo!

Could you please send the source code for the label?
I have learnt a little C++ now, and I would really like to try it myself.

I wish you a merry christmas and a great new year!
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Post by TickTick »

Dear Timo,

is it possible for you to make the label non-transparent and include it in the button-controls suite?

We have so many controls that are non-transparent (e. g. checkbox, radar button, slider, etc.) that I see no reason why only one of them should be transparent when this raises so much trouble.
And I would love to have the label included.

I wish you a nice day!
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

I won't put it into the ButtonControls library, because it is in no way a button. Okay, the Frame isn't a button either, but at least it is based on the same window class as the other button controls.
Also if I do such a Label control, it won't be an official control, i. e. I won't integrate it into my website as I've done for the other controls, it will mostly be hacked together and I won't support it in any way. Actually I'm not sure that I'll do such a control. The reason is, that I'm very busy with my real life (and I enjoy it). I already have big problems to find the time to fix bugs in the existing controls. There is nearly no time for development of new controls, e. g. I've started working on a ToolBar/ReBar control library in November, but have not worked on it for 3 months now.
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Post by TickTick »

Okay, I can do it myself. I only thought that maybe you *wanted* to do it, but it's really nice to hear that you have a private life as well! :-)