Petition for control renaming

The place for topics that don't fit into one of the other forums.
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Petition for control renaming

Post by TickTick »

I would like to start a petition for renaming of your controls.

At first I thought it wouldn't matter that you gave them the same names as the native VB6 controls, but the more I use your control, the more I feel that it's major important to instantly know which are which.
I am successively upgrading my app, and not knowing which controls are which is a horrible scenario.

I hope you allow me to post such a comment after using your controls a lot now.
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Re: Petition for control renaming

Post by TickTick »

When we do an auto-updater for your controls, would you agree to rename your controls?
TiKu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TiKu »

Do whatever you want, but I won't rename the controls. It would break compatibility and it would require quite a bit of work. While you may have reasons to prefer renamed controls, you are not the only one using them. I know one other user personally, who would be pissed off if I rename the controls and I'm sure that the majority of the silent users would be pissed off, too. I've accidently broken the compatibility here and there in the past and each time someone complained.
My ActiveX controls are for free. If they don't fit your needs, feel free to use other controls.
Crunching for Fab36_Folding-Division at Folding@Home. Join Fab36/Fab30! - Folding@Home and BOINC
Boycott DRM! Boycott HDCP!
TickTick
Lt. Commander

Post by TickTick »

Sorry, forget it. I was too demanding.